Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ally_F
Tutor
Tutor
My husband set our cameras up and added me as an administrative user. However, I still don’t have the same permissions he does. I cannot edit the rules for what occurrs when cameras are armed, cannot edit the geofencing rules, and cannot add custome modes. I didn’t even know geofencing was an option because it did not show on my app until ny husband set the rule and added my phone. I had assumed that needed to be controlled in IFTTT which currently does not work in arlo. What do we need to do so I actually have full administrative rights?

Attached is in inage of my modes screen without full capabilities.
2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There is always ONE primary holder and then 'shared' users that are granted acces rights.

The Guests will never have 100% of the admin right of the Primary holder ( can't change that ). But, the guest can get pretty close to all the options if they are toggled on

https://kb.arlo.com/1103229/What-privileges-do-my-friends-have-when-I-grant-them-access-rights-in-my...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Ally_F
Tutor
Tutor
But why can’t guests with admin rights have 100% of the same controls as primary rights? It makes it difficult for a household to fully manage the system. There’s really no reason to disallow more than one person to make changes. I listed in the initial post the things I’d like to control and am unable to, so no, admin guest users do not have close to the same rights as a primary user. Netgear should allow users to make their own decisions on who can control what and not just impose permanent restrictions themselves.