Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Rink481
Follower
Follower
So i just set them up two days ago. Still trying to understand the system. It has full battery. It was detecting the motion good till last night.
4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is it in a recording mode? What motion sensitivity are the rules set for?

bilob
Tutor
Tutor

The same happens to me quite often. I have Arlo up and running now for over 1 year. For weeks or even months everything works fine. But suddenly motion detection does not fire anymore. The camera is normal accessible in this state and streaming works fine as well, but motion detetion does not run at all in this state. The only thing i could do was to remove the battery for a few seconds to provoke a "restart" of the camera.

What is the reason for this behavior? Is there any other possibility to reboot a single camera other than removing the battery?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you restarted the base? If that doesn't help, tyr removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Happened to me once in a year of having the system. Camera just froze up. Live view worked but nothing else and the IR lights were stuck on. I removed the battery, waiting a few seconds, and put it back in and it started working fine.

Why this happens...... these products are programmed by people and we are far from perfect, occationally the product just freaks out (which is the technical term lol).......just like your computer freezes, or an app, or your phone freezes etc, and you have to reboot it.

Now if it happens all the time, very frequently, then it's possible you have a bad camera or base.