Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why do I have to sign in every time upon receiving a push notification on my cell phone?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dianemur
Tutor
Tutor

Happens everytime I receive a push notification, I have to go to the app and sign in to view the video.  That's a waste of time and I want to see who's out there immediately.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Since I use a fingerprint to unlock my phone, I don't use the fingerprint feature for the app. I suspect this feature is more for wall mounted tablets that many people have access to. With fingerprint disabled, my app goes straight in and I'm not even 100% sure what my password is any more; it's been so long since I've needed to use it

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is there no setting that says "remember me"? Did you turn on Fingerprint login at any stage?

dianemur
Tutor
Tutor

There is no remember me and yes I do the fingerprint option for my phone.   But when I get a notification I click on the app then I have to do the finger print once again.   Then sometimes it still won’t open until I put in the whole login.   Makes no sense.  

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Since I use a fingerprint to unlock my phone, I don't use the fingerprint feature for the app. I suspect this feature is more for wall mounted tablets that many people have access to. With fingerprint disabled, my app goes straight in and I'm not even 100% sure what my password is any more; it's been so long since I've needed to use it

dianemur
Tutor
Tutor

Hey Steve it worked.   I disabled the finger print feature for the app and it opened right up. Thank you so, so much.   Really appreciate your help.  

Have a great holiday.