Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why Is It That The Only Response To A Problem is Through The Community ? What About Arlo

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
verhagen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why can't I get a response to my questions from Arlo ? And when you do reply you do not give me a valid email address to respond to. All anyone gets is a run around

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What is the issue you are experiencing with your system?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

This is an end user to end user forum, not a direct contact with Arlo support forum. There are a couple of Arlo employees that try to help out, but the main function of this forum is for end users to interact and help each other.

There are options to contact Arlo support directly if needed by following the contact link at the bottom of the page.

verhagen
Aspirant
Aspirant
My speakers pick up the sounds around them but when I try and talk through them using the microphone nothing happens I don't get any sound.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@verhagen wrote:
My speakers pick up the sounds around them but when I try and talk through them using the microphone nothing happens I don't get any sound.

Just to be clear, your camera has a speaker and a microphone, just like your mobile device.  The microphone on the camera picks up sounds and the speaker on the camera projects sound.  The speaker volume on the cameras is adjustable under "Settings", "Audio".  If you are saying you can't hear audio from the camera when you speak to the micro phone on your mobile device, that's the first thing to check.  Next would be to make sure you are using the microphone function on your mobile device properly.  I have only used this rarely, so I just tried it.  On my iPhone XS running iOS 12.1.1, I went to Live View and waited for the microphone icon to show up.  I then touched and held the microphone icon to see how this works now.  After a few seconds a second screen appeared with my Live View image at the top and a large white space at the bottom containing a larger microphone icon and the word "Connecting..."  Once connected I see instructions for me to "Hold Button & Speak".  Once again I place my finger on the microphone icon.  After a second it changes from white to gray background and I can speak.  I am not close to the camera, so I don't know how loud it actually is when I speak.  A number of people have reported that it is not loud enough.  Others say it is just fine.  I think it is easier to have a loud speaker on a cord powered camera than it is in a battery powered camera, since driving a speaker hard, takes more power.  Currently the best camera audio I have heard is from the Nestcam Outdoor IQ.  The Arlo Ultra is reportedly supposed to have better audio than the current product line as well.