Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lost communication & can not log on

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
eddymac
Guide
Guide

Lost everything, cameras & base station. Tried reset now I can't even login. When I did get the log in to work it can not find anything & will not let me go on. Tried to type in model at top but does not respond. base station VMB4000

9 REPLIES 9
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Try using the website

https://arlo.netgear.com

eddymac
Guide
Guide

Didn't work. First it said it found my base station, then tells me to name it then it come up base station not found.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove everything in Settings, My Devices. Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Try again.

eddymac
Guide
Guide

There is nothing in settings. Tried resetting several times but system not coming up.  Very frustrating. Also takes several trys to login.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the ap or a browser? Have you tried both? What are the LEDs on the base showing? Have you tried the reset by holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber? We need all details.

eddymac
Guide
Guide

Using browser, all lights are green, deleted all cookies, updated adobe as it asked, tried on fire fox, reset several times as asked, even re-synced cameras. It's still informing me I have no base station & taking several attempts to be able to log in. Thought it may be my virus protection so I shut that down. I only have Arlo basic plan & would be extremely mad if I had paid for this.

I'm not a computer geek (no offense to anyone) but I do have some knowledge. My next attempt will be to delete arlo & start over. $700 system & I can't use it!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Detail the steps you've taken to reset the system. It should be that you remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and then hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. After the base reboots, the power and Internet LEDs should be green and the Camera LED should be off or solid amber.

The login issue is more odd unless you're somehow fat-fingering it. You mention your anti-virus software - what is it? Kaspersky has been the recent troublemaker here.

Have you tried the app? If so, what device and OS?

eddymac
Guide
Guide

There is nothing in settings or devices. I pressed in the reset button for 10 seconds. The lights on the front flash amber. The base reboots & all the lights go green. I follow the instructions & make sure everything is plugged in. When trying to connect it tells me try again & again & again. It then states I have no base station.

Yes I have Kaspersky. I even tried shutting it down & still nothing.

I don't use a phone app. I thought there was a ARLO for PC? I am running windows 7 on my PC.

eddymac
Guide
Guide

FIXED!  I went into Kaspersky & shut down the port monitoring. That is what was not allowing arol to see my base station. I now only have one camera not working but I still have to re-sync it. I guess too much protection messes thing up.

Thank you for your help