Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

White Washed video on Arlo Pro camera in same room as base station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AlmightyJon
Guide
Guide

I think this is the straw that will fracture my experience w/ the 4 Cam Arlo Pro kit that cost over $600. I have had too many issues in too short of time to justify this device. It's unreliable and seems like us consumers willing to lay out hard earned cash are guinea pig beta-testing suckers.

This is a camera in the same room as the base station, and I have tried to reboot my router, the base station, and powered the camera off/on, and removed the battery and reinsterted. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You're going to have to explain more about the scene - lighting, etc. The fact that it's B&W implies lack of lighting and perhaps the IR illuminators are bouncing off walls, etc. There's a brightness control when you live view - use the "sun" to change it. Make sure you save. What happens when you add lighting?
AlmightyJon
Guide
Guide

Here we go with lighting causing a camera to perform like crap again. Taken with my cell in same lighting conditions that the video was captured in.

Room_non arlo.JPG

AlmightyJon
Guide
Guide

Netgear support unable to identify the cause and wants to issue a replacement camera - I'll pass, and return the whole kit + extra mounts to Best Buy and wait for a more reliable product to emerge.

Thanks for trying to be helpful.