Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Where did my library go? Where is my account history? Why can't I talk to a person?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kevinnail
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had my arlo cameras for several years now and frankly the app has been buggy for a while and I've not motivated on trying to deal with it and today I'm trying and I can't even get a hold of customer service?!  I can't see any recordings, I can't find any account history, I can't find ANYTHING HELPFUL.   I'd like to speak to someone the idea I have to subscribe JUST to talk to a company that I purchased products from is absurd so what I am to do exactly?  I'd like to review what plan I used to have since I apparently don't have one anymore but I'm having to post here....................... and I'm guessing on what cameras I have- I purchased them several years ago and I can't see ANY ACCOUNT INFO OR TALK TO ANYONE.....  I used to have a library of videos and now it's just not accessible.... where and how am I supposed to figure this out??

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kevinnail wrote:

I'm guessing on what cameras I have

Open the housing and remove the battery.  You'll see a label that starts with VMC inside.  Let us know what it says.

There's also a label on the base that starts with VMB - let us know that also.

@kevinnail wrote:

I can't see ANY ACCOUNT INFO

Are you saying that you can't log into your Arlo account?  Or something else?

kevinnail
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see "Arlo Pro" with VCM4030.

Yes  I can log into my "account" with zero helpful information... 

It seems pretty reasonable to me to be able to find information on what I bought, what service I have/ don't have, etc.  Where is that information?? Why isn't there *any* way to discuss what I bought before and what I paid for and what the status is besides posting on this account- do you even work here or what is this place?? WHere is a phone number or email to actually contact the company instead of having a public discussion?  Why can't I find any link to this post in my "account"?? I looked before I closed the window and can't find anything so I put it in my favorites so I wouldn't lose it.   So much about this is absurd!

"Account" seems to imply the meaning of the word- what has been accounted with regard to the transaction of me purchasing the devices and using the library to see recordings...  I would like to know what the status is- did something change or did I never have any "subscription"?  What did I originally pay for?  What's the history?? Where is any information at all besides my profile and how to change my email or password, etc.?  It's been some time so I can't remember and would simply like to review a basic status update on where I'm at with my "account"....

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kevinnail wrote:

do you even work here or what is this place??

You are posting in a user-to-user forum. I don't work for Arlo. Folks who do ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) have Arlo logos next to their user name.

@kevinnail wrote:

did I never have any "subscription"?  

Likely you didn't.  The older cameras (including the Arlo Pro model you have) include 7 days of free cloud storage.  Arlo still honors that.  Newer cameras (starting with the Ultra in 2018) don't have that storage, and those do need a subscription to get any cloud storage.

@kevinnail wrote:

Where is a phone number or email to actually contact the company instead of having a public discussion? 

There is a support area in the app.  However, one thing that has changed recently is that phone support now does require a subscription.  Without one, you do have end up with chat support - generally with a bot that isn't that helpful.

@kevinnail wrote:

Where did my library go?

Retention is limited - in your case to 7 days.  Not clear from the information you are providing when you stopped using the cameras, but likely all the recordings are gone because the retention has passed.

If you are seeing your cameras on the main screen in the account, then the next step is to try to live stream them.  If that works, then try making a manual recording, and check that it is stored in the library.