Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
GTL
Aspirant
Aspirant

We purchased 5 of the arlo pro cameras when it first came out.
We tried to ordered and ordered the charging station but just couldn't get it !! It's at least three weeks waiting on any websites!

We can only use the original charger to charge the camera itself. It's very inconvenient for people who set up the cameras outside the house and need to charge it with the extension cords even when it's raining!!! It's only because we need to get the cameras working !!

Please tell us where can we get the charging station?

Thank you .
We are willing to pay extra shipping if we can get it sooner. Or is that possible to purchase it form you ? Thank you

47 REPLIES 47
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A side note on the solar panels - as a homeowner with solar installed, snow, etc. can cover the panels.  Make sure they're installed so you can clean them off as required or at least tilted to allow debris to come of naturally.

MaitreD
Tutor
Tutor
Good thing we don't get much snow in Southern California. I just hope the panels can withstand our 120 degree summers though!
BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Excellent points!! I have not shoveled snow in several decades, but falling oak leaves and tree moss will most certainly be issues for me in Northwest Florida. I have two locations I would absolutely love to install these solar panels. One I installed fairly high in the gable of our home and the other is out in the yard. Thanks for the tips jguerdat! 

BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here MaitreD!! We have several of those hot summer days, where the temperature is either at 100 degrees or over! I am willing to give one a try and see how it works out though! Take care and try to stay cool this summer! 

lu8890
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am curious to know... it is now April 5th, 2017..... and it has been at least couple months now since the last time a charge station is available anywhere... and according to this thread, issue started back in 2015.  I am wondering what is up with Netgear about this battery charger?  why in the heck they can't get the charge station stocked?  It doesn't make any sense at all....

BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

lu8890,

I got lucky and picked my up at Best Buy a couple of weeks ago. They had them and they were sold extremely fast. My local store has been out of batteries as well. I have no clue whether they really have them or not, but Lowes is allowing me to add a charger to a shopping basket AND telling me it can be picked up tomorrow. Unless they spring the "out of stock" or "backordered" label at the last minute, it looks like they may have a few! In either case, good luck to you!! 

Dennis

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

How pathetic that a battery charger is a big deal to get. Chargers are very difficult to have manufactured these days.

TechyFred
Guide
Guide

I'm so upset with netgear and their product availability!

You've been promising this charging station for months since the launch.

Not only that, at least include a simple charger when I purchase the extra battery!!

I paid $50 for the battery and you expect me to pay another $60 for a dual charger that doesn't even exit.

Otherwise I can only charge it if I bring one of my cameras down. How convenient! I don't need the stupid dual battery charging station, single charger would've been enough!

ranran
Apprentice
Apprentice

I feel your frustration - and at this point, they've been promising these for a looonnggg time.  I don't know why they are unable to expedite manufacturing of these chargers when the supply of their other products seems fine....

My new updated estimated ship date is May....*sigh*...... so I guess I'll have to continue taking cameras offline to charge........

Matthew_Minami
Tutor
Tutor
Still the charging station is not available. Tried look for several store, and asked store representative for order but no luck. 3 out of 4 camera not functional at this point, and I don't want to detouch these from wall.

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any day now.........any day

Jason87
Tutor
Tutor

Kohl's (US store) of all places says they have them in stock. I just ordered one.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2868231/netgear-arlo-pro-wire-free-hd-camera-charging-station.jsp?...

Jason

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just ordered. $74.00 shipped... Will see if it actually ships!
Jason87
Tutor
Tutor

I just got a shipping confirmation so it looks like they do indeed have some in stock.

Jason

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shipped! Go figure. Better hurry! Thanks Jason!

Jason87
Tutor
Tutor

Glad you got one.

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

They are on amazon now. I spent $14 too much. Amazon prime was $60, but I had to cancel shipping because khols already shipped. I should have looked first. AGH!

Jason87
Tutor
Tutor

Well that stinks. I opted for free shipping. Also when I signed up with Kohl's I joined their rewards program and my order was enough (also ordered battery) that I recieved a $20 store credit. My wife shops at Kohl's all the time so this is worked out ok for me.

ryanr256
Apprentice
Apprentice
Amazon is showing the charging station in stock this morning, May 9.

-Bob
weebs
Guide
Guide

SMARTHOME.COM is shipping!

BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

YES indeed they are! They claim to have them on hand a ready to ship. The supply chain is finally moving! LOL

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

I recieved my Arlo Pro charging station two days ago and the extra two batteries today.  At first the charging station would not top off the charge on the batteries but I followed the Netgear instructions for a completely dead battery and I already have one battery topped off and just waiting on the other one to finish.  It looks like the Arlo Pro charging station and the batteries arrived just before I will need to start swapping out the depleted batteries in the cameras with charged ones.

Matthew_Minami
Tutor
Tutor
finally I received the charging station. It was long waiting about 6 months, but I satisfied the product quality and now all of my camera back online!