Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
GTL
Aspirant
Aspirant

We purchased 5 of the arlo pro cameras when it first came out.
We tried to ordered and ordered the charging station but just couldn't get it !! It's at least three weeks waiting on any websites!

We can only use the original charger to charge the camera itself. It's very inconvenient for people who set up the cameras outside the house and need to charge it with the extension cords even when it's raining!!! It's only because we need to get the cameras working !!

Please tell us where can we get the charging station?

Thank you .
We are willing to pay extra shipping if we can get it sooner. Or is that possible to purchase it form you ? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Pro Charging station availability update: The target release date for the Arlo Pro Charging Station is March of this year.

JamesC

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

Charging them out in the rain voids your warranty FYI.

seanJ44
Star
Star
Yes I would like to know as well. I see Arlo website removed the charging station? When and where can we get this? The Arlo rechargeable battery one is useless as you still need a camera to charge it...
AndyForReal
Aspirant
Aspirant
AncientGeekVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ditto....I just pre-ordered the charging station and two batteries from B&H.  They say they expect them in stock on 12/6.  We shall see.

Does anyone know why Netgear ships a power adapter with the spare battery?  I thought the battery could only be charged in a camera or in the charger.  The camera kits come with a charging adapter and the charger comes with a charging adapter, so it seems like the spare battery itself should not need to include a charging adapter.

ICC2
Guide
Guide

Latest update I've seen is shipping expected 1/9/17.

However, since there have been other shipping dates that have been missed, this one may be as well.

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

I placed an order for one on Nov. 11 and just received this notification from Amazon.

Your new estimated delivery date is: Monday, February 6, 2017 - Thursday, March 2, 2017

mrchevelle67
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was wondering the exact same thing why it came with a charging cable. It caused confusion at first because we kept asking our manager why he had to go up on ladders and take the camera down to charge, so it seems like an odd accessory build.  

yellowsubmarine
Tutor
Tutor

Any update on who has these?

GTL
Aspirant
Aspirant
They are always out of stock...
I can't find a place or online store who is actually selling them!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic requesting more information on this products release date. I will post an update once I have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Pro Charging station availability update: The target release date for the Arlo Pro Charging Station is March of this year.

JamesC

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

It appears the March release date was premature.

Amazon says - New estimated delivery date:
Wednesday, April 5, 2017 - Wednesday, May 3, 2017

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic and requested an update on this products availability. I will post back with more information soon.

JamesC

MaitreD
Tutor
Tutor
Looks like the long wait is over! I got an email from Fry's that the charging station I bought back in December was shipped out today! With a Tracking Number!
ICC2
Guide
Guide

Good to know.

Amazon is still saying April (and I ordered the charger in November).

seanJ44
Star
Star
I ordered from Fry's electronics today, and I received it today. I did have to pay an arm and a leg for delivery but considering I've been waiting since November through Amazon I thought it was worth it
BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Best Buy is claiming that my charging station will ship this Wednesday. I am not counting my chicks, until the eggs hatch, but it sounds promising! I noticed they also added an eBay listing for chargers as well. 

BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hopefully solar panels are soon to follow! Definitely not holding my breath for those anytime soon. It will be nice having the charging station though! 

ICC2
Guide
Guide

Amazon must have gotten thier shipment.

Received notification that it should be shipped out today 3/13.

ranran
Apprentice
Apprentice

Please let us know if you actually received it? 

I have waited to place an order... because no one reports 'in stock' (e.g. Newegg, Amazon, BestBuy, Fry's...)

Ugh!

MaitreD
Tutor
Tutor
Got it yesterday. Put a battery in it and it's all charged and ready to swap. Just need one more battery and I'll be good!
MaitreD
Tutor
Tutor
That solar panel would be REALLY nice though. But I won't expect that until 2018. Til then, this charger will be just fine.
BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

I can very happily report my new two-battery charger arrived today from Best Buy!! I also ordered two spare batteries, of which one arrived today and the other will be here Friday. I am betting there will be a run on spare batteries now that the chargers are out. But to answer your original question, YES the long-awaited chargers are obtainable and I received mine. Good luck! 

BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep, I agree fully with you. The solar panels are not even featured on the website yet, so it will be quite some time before they are released. I definitely have two locations that would benefit greatly from a solar panel! Having the charger will work well, until such time the solar panels are released.