Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

When holding down sync button on Arlo Pro to add to new Base Station, no response on camera

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
glennyoo
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo sync button doesn’t work. When holding down the sync button to add the camera to the base station new, no response from the camera. Tried replacing with different batteries, get a blue light, but nothing when holding down the sync button. Went through tech support, and couldn’t figure it out. Arlo won’t replace since it’s no longer under warranty. Seems like a common problem. Anyone else find a solution?

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't HOLD down the sync button, it's a quick press only. ( holding puts the base into a diff state that requires about 3-4 mins to clear itself )

On the camera, you should feel a "click"

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
glennyoo
Initiate
Initiate
Tried quick press/release, double taps, triple taps, tap and hold, hold for 3 seconds, hold for 30secs...nothing works.
Dr_Evil
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the exact same problem
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Describe your exact process you're using in detail. Maybe we'll spot something.

KLD10
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here, bought a new battery for nothing. Button on cam just won’t trigger any blue light.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey KLD10,

Make sure you press the sync button (not hold it down) to see if that helps. When you press the sync button, are you still not seeing any blue LED light?

KLD10
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried brief and also long push of the sync button and no response. No blue light. The blue light only flashes momentarily when inserting the battery or plugging it in with the Netgear Power Supply (with and without the battery). After that the blue light goes out and cannot get it to come back on by pressing the sync button whether the base station is in Sync mode or not. Tried charging the 1yr old battery. All was working fine until the cam stopped responding. I also bought a brand new battery, no difference. Tried leaving the battery out for 24h, no difference.
My 6 other Arlo devices pair no problem. I am out of ideas. Thanks
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.