Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kmt379
Tutor
Tutor

On my phone app.  When I tap or click the Mode button, there is NOT a list of cameras (I have 2 in the system), only the base station is displayed. How do i get each camera to display so that I can set up  options for each camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Edit your recording mode (possibly Armed). Edit the rule for each camera. Lower in the rule page is a box for push notifictions. Uncheck the box for the notifications and you will no longer get a notification each time this camera detects motion.

Also, create your own custom mode and make the rules. This will help you understand all the functions and features available eg motion sensitivity adjustment

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

There are a few options per camera eg video quality setting but for the most part, the operation of the cameras eg motion triggers and recording are controlled by Modes and the Rules within those modes. Have a look at the online user manual and FAQs to get a better understanding of how the system works

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

If you do want to look at the camera settings, click the 3 dot stack at the top right and select Settings and then you'll see My Devices with a list of the cameras, base station, base station siren (base station icon with bell)

kmt379
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you.  Can each camera have individual and seperate modes?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

The system will need to be in a certain mode. Each mode has rules where you can choose what each camera does. Any camera without a rule in the active mode will be considered disarmed. Obviously disarmed mode means everything is disarmed.

To specifically answer your question, the answer is no. The cameras are not set individually but function per the rules of the selected mode

kmt379
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks Steve, how in the world do I turn off all of these videos with alerts?  Everytime I go out back..another video. I spend an hour a day deleting them, is there a way to "delete all" of a day BTW.  Thanks a million.

Man i need to lose some weight.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Edit your recording mode (possibly Armed). Edit the rule for each camera. Lower in the rule page is a box for push notifictions. Uncheck the box for the notifications and you will no longer get a notification each time this camera detects motion.

Also, create your own custom mode and make the rules. This will help you understand all the functions and features available eg motion sensitivity adjustment

kmt379
Tutor
Tutor

OK, unchecked those boxes and now much fewer notices.  I wish I could do a "delete all" instead of individually.  I'll try "a" mode setting and customize each camera within that mode.  

Thanks again Steve, you have been a great help!

K