Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What is the furthest distance that the Microphone on the Camera Arlo Pro will pick up a conversation

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ontheparkway
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the furthest distance that the Microphone on the Arlo Pro Camera can or could pick a conversation? or if anyone has the specs on the Microphone on the camera?  I spoke with a Rep from Arlo and she could not give me an answer.

So any information would be gladly appreciated.  

Thanks Herman

Spoiler
Smiley Happy
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've heard the mailman's footsteps from 25 feet away after he passed between two cars and was on grass. The camera mic works well - the speaker can have issues, apparently especially if you're using an Android device.

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Same here, 25 to 30 feet, way before they even come into frame.

-Robert
ontheparkway
Aspirant
Aspirant

This might seem like a stupid question, But are you able to Pick up sound continously ?  or only when the Camera is Set off by motion?  I'm totally new to this. The reason I ask is that I have an Aunt who is very sick, & her brother has set up Cameras to spy & haress her.

Thanks Herman

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

ontheparkway wrote:

This might seem like a stupid question, But are you able to Pick up sound continously ?  or only when the Camera is Set off by motion?  I'm totally new to this. The reason I ask is that I have an Aunt who is very sick, & her brother has set up Cameras to spy & haress her.

Thanks Herman

If you are using the sound feature to trigger the camera, then yes, as there is sound, based on the sensitivity you have the camera set to, it then triggers continuously.

-Robert