Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What is causing batteries to drain faster?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
smartguy1914
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed 3 Arlo Pros in late March. Two were brand new and one was second hand. All batteries were at 100% when installed and they all lasted until about mid-June. When the batteries died, I took the cameras down, charged them to 100% with the cable, and returned them back to the same locations without changing any settings. After only two weeks all three camera batteries were close to dying. I charged them to 100% again recently and after only a few days, one of the newer cameras is already at 25%. Is there any reason why my batteries are not able to hold a charge as long after the first cycle? The second hand camera seems to be behaving the same way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
smartguy1914
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to solve this issue by letting my camera batteries charge overnight instead of only until they reached 100%. The cameras have been up for a month now, and the batteries seem to drain at the same speed as when they were first installed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
smartguy1914
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base Station

HW Version:  VMB4000r3

Firmware: 1.12.2.4_2772

Arlo Pro (2)

HW Version: H15

Firmware: 1.092.0.23_32920

Arlo Pro (1)

HW Version: H8

Firmware: 1.092.0.23_32920

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @smartguy1914

Have you adjusted any of your motion sensitivity settings or record duration? Has there been a spike in motion/sound around your cameras?

smartguy1914
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to solve this issue by letting my camera batteries charge overnight instead of only until they reached 100%. The cameras have been up for a month now, and the batteries seem to drain at the same speed as when they were first installed.