Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Week Signal On 2 Of 4 Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
fg1132
Follower
Follower

I have the Arlo pro 4 camera system. 2 of my cameras set in the back yard have week wi fi signal strength, I always have a weeker signal in my back yard for some reason with anything to do with wi fi. Does any one know will a netgear wi fi range extender fix this ?    Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The Arlo cameras can only connect to a base station. Can you move the base station somewhere more central to the 4 cameras? If you can't, you may need to look at a second base station. You can have as many base stations as you like. Your subscription only determines the maximum number of cameras you can have (and cloud storage duration)

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

I have one cam that's getting a fluctuating 1-2 bar signal. I never had an issue. As long as it can hold a good throughput you're ok.. One way to test it is play live on that cam and press record up to 5min-29min tops.. If it can hold that long without dropping signal or any glitch, you're good, you don't need an extender... If it gets glitchy pass 2min you're still good since the recording maxes only at 2min anyway.. But if started stopping/dropping signal while on live recording below 2min. then yes, you either need to put an extender or move Base closer.. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@JPC wrote:

I have one cam that's getting a fluctuating 1-2 bar signal. I never had an issue. As long as it can hold a good throughput you're ok.. One way to test it is play live on that cam and press record up to 5min-29min tops.. If it can hold that long without dropping signal or any glitch, you're good, you don't need an extender... If it gets glitchy pass 2min you're still good since the recording maxes only at 2min anyway.. But if started stopping/dropping signal while on live recording below 2min. then yes, you either need to put an extender or move Base closer.. 

I also have a camera with one bar signal and it works fine.
There's no Arlo extender