Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

While the dark thumbnail issue does indeed seem to be resolved, this latest update (v2.4.12.864_20432) created other problems.
Now If I go into my library to clean out old recordings it doesn't behave the way it did before.
Normally I can see dots underneath the dates with recordings, but they vanish now, if you "Select - Delete", after the delete confirmation.
It used to just empty the contents of that selected day, then automatically switch to the next day.
But now, since this latest release, all of the dots vanish and you're left on a dead page - you can't switch to another day like you used to.
You now have to leave the Library page, and come back again if you want to delete more than one day's worth of recordings.
Seems each new release fixes one thing, then breaks something else...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has release a fix for the web client that resolves this issue. Please let me know if you continue to experience this behavior when deleting library content.

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

I've noticed the same thing, and I thought something was wrong with my browsers. All three browsers I use behaved that way so I suspected it was Arlo again. They keep butchering the UI and I have no idea why.  Sometimes I wonder why nobody listens to the customers.

jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

While the dark thumbnail issue does indeed seem to be resolved, this latest update (v2.4.12.864_20432) created other problems.
Now If I go into my library to clean out old recordings it doesn't behave the way it did before.
Normally I can see dots underneath the dates with recordings, but they vanish now, if you "Select - Delete", after the delete confirmation.
It used to just empty the contents of that selected day, then automatically switch to the next day.
But now, since this latest release, all of the dots vanish and you're left on a dead page - you can't switch to another day like you used to.
You now have to leave the Library page, and come back again if you want to delete more than one day's worth of recordings.
Seems each new release fixes one thing, then breaks something else...

before-after-delete.jpg

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jam436, ralfyguy1

I've escalated this topic for further investigation. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks James...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has release a fix for the web client that resolves this issue. Please let me know if you continue to experience this behavior when deleting library content.

JamesC

jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

As of this morning I see that's it's fixed - Thanks again...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the original feedback and the confirmation!

JamesC

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Looks like the problem is back again for me.Deleted a recording and went back to Devices screen while a second camera was still recording. Recording was done, went back to the Library and no videos with date set to April 1st. Back to Device screen and all devices showed 0 recordings. Back to Library, no recordings still and date still April 1st. Refresh Library page and the recording was there.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ralfyguy1,

It sounds like you may have viewed the library before the recording had arrived. There is a slight delay between the time a recording will finish and when it arrives in the library.

JamesC

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Correct, however switching back and forth AFTER the recording was done the Library didn't refresh and I had to reload it to see the recording.