Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Tish86
Tutor
Tutor

I know NetGear is releasing their own weatherproof plug and cable but I can't wait. I have two Arlo Pro chargers and cables, the charging brick will be inside my garage, I need to weatherproof the Micro USB going directly into the camera or has anyone found a weatherproof cable? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Nope. The folks who are doing this are weatherproofing the connector on their own using silicone rubber or other material.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Nope. The folks who are doing this are weatherproofing the connector on their own using silicone rubber or other material.
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

That's what I did. I purchased a 15' microUSB cable off Amazon and simply put a small bead of silicone caulking around the connection. Silicone caulking is also easy to take off if needed.

Tish86
Tutor
Tutor
Do you keep the battery in or take them out
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

For me I left it in, sort of by mistake. The only reason I don't take it out is because then I have to spend the time making sure my camera's pointed in the exact same location. It took me forever to get it just right in the first place. 

At some point I'll take it out as a spare.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Don't forget that having the battery installed is good for flying through power outages, as long as you have a UPS on your modem, router and base(s).