Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Want 1 camera to detect vehicles and people and other camera to detect people and animal. Possible?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

I have three cameras One Arlo and 2 Arlo pro 2. they are set up on my phone ,and desktop. when I set what to video do I have to have all 3 set to the same thing? I want the cameras out front to video movement on vehicles and people and the the other to only video people and animals.  I'm stumped. Can I set each camera for different motion? when I do some cameras do not record anything.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

Can I set each camera for different motion? when I do some cameras do not record anything.

You can set the motion sensistivity, activity zones, and smart notifications separately for each camera.

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

sorry but it does not work, on my desktop I see all 3 cameras, I set the filters one at a time and when I go back to check the filters are not set. yes I hit done when I set them. I am ready to dump all 3 cameras. All this just started have had no problems  for a year till now.  Very frustrated

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What "filters" are you trying to set? Filters are used in the library so only certain camera(s) are shown. Modes and rules are used to configure cameras individually for motion detection, recording length, etc. 

One thing to note is that you have 2 different types of cameras so using settings from one may not translate exactly to the other. You have to determine the proper settings per camera (or, at least, per camera model). Camera positioning and motion sensitivity are the most likely ways to solve the issue. They're not "set and forget" - they take a bit of configuration for best results. There are FAQs here in the support area for both of these topics (and many others) that are worth reading.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

sorry but it does not work, on my desktop I see all 3 cameras, I set the filters one at a time and when I go back to check the filters are not set. yes I hit done when I set them. 

AS @jguerdat says, filters don't do what you think they do.  They adjust what recordings in the library are shown (at the moment). They do not change what recordings are made, or change any camera settings.

In the web browser, you set smart notifications in Settings.  You'll see Smart Notifications in the left pane.  Click on that, and you'll choose the camera - and then the Smart notifications that you want.  This won't affect what is recorded, it only affects the notifications you'll receive on your phone.

In the right pane you'll see your cameras. Select one, and navigate into video settings.  That is where you set up the activity zones for that camera.  https://kb.arlo.com/1001908/What-are-activity-zones-and-how-do-I-create-them

At the top of the page, you select "Mode", and then edit the rule for the camera.  That includes setting the motion sensitivity.  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

You can do all this from the app too, but the details might depend on whether you have iOS or Android.