Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Voice activation on arlo pro cams

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Cgarza17
Aspirant
Aspirant

How am I able to turn on voice activation in order to hear from my lost camera? Does my arlo pro have that feature?

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Live view your camera and then hit the microphone button at the bottom of the video window. Then get someone to make some noise into your phone while you listen carefully outside.

PS. You could have continued the discussion in one of your other two threads rather than start another one. Hope you find your camera

Cgarza17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Went to live view and there was no microphone icon at the bottom of my screen. I guess my particular unit has no voice. My settings has both video and voice though, but no way to access voice settings only video options. Thank you so much for trying to help me. I guess it's gone to never land.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you on IOS???

If so delete the app and re-install it the mice will come back ( PRO model has a mic and speaker ( battery cude pack inside ))

***( prev app version dropped the mic and that version pulled and replaced so if you never deleted it since, you would not have a mic )***

PS it has good sound pickup so turn you phone volume up while in LIVE view and start yelling ( or have some one else yell )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cgarza17,

Are you certain you have the Arlo Pro and not the original Arlo Wire-free system? What model number is on the box?

JamesC

Cgarza17
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just threw out my box a week ago, talk about bad timing! However my device has has a hardware number on my device info. It is "VMB3010r2". Don't know if this will help determine which arlo version I have. Thank you for trying to help me cause I've just about lost all hope of finding it. For all I know, a squirrel has stashed it away with all her acorns.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cgarza17,

That indicates that it's an original Arlo base station. This likely means the camera you had was also an original Arlo Wire-free camera, not a Pro camera. This camera would not have the audio feature.

JamesC

Cgarza17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. That clears up a lot of things. Now I guess I'll just have to resort to more basic recommendations. By the way will my base station support a pro camera or do I have to switch the entire unit base, cameras and all?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Your base station will support Arlo Pro cameras and they're way better in pretty much every way. You only miss out on the siren and the USB backup recording by not having the Arlo Pro base station