Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
MaryannFemina
Follower
Follower
I have 4 Netgear Pro cameras. Installed new 2 months ago. Initially worked fine but now only 2 are saving to the library properly. The other 2 do so randomly, and 1is intermittent as are the push alerts. They all show live motion detection and are armed so should be recording. I see this has been a long term issue. Has anyone solved the problem yet?
15 REPLIES 15
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MaryannFemina,

What is the WiFi signal strength for the affected cameras? The cameras location could be causing the issue. Consider relocating the cameras (temporarily for testing) close to the base station and trigger motion. Do you still get intermittent behavior?

JamesC

jacrowley
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a simialar problem. The camera is live and connected but there are no recordings in the library. The camera is across the room ffrom the base and the wifi.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jacrowley,

What mode are you using? Try enabling the default "Armed" mode and trigger motion in front of the camera. Do you still see the same results?

JamesC

dvemoshaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I have an Arlo and added an Arlo Pro. Not saving the videos. Could this be a software issue?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you added a camera and are using custom modes, you need to edit your modes and add the camera to them.  A new camera is automatically added to the default Armed mode but not to custom modes.

dvemoshaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I appreciate the quick response, but I am not a novice user. I have been recording successfully since I added the Arlo Pro. I have not checked the recordings of late but when I did it said the Arlo had over 400 recordings and the Arlo Pro had over 900. When i went to the library there were no recordings. You have serious bugs in your software.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have any bugs in my software - I'm a user like you.

You can try power cycling the base as well as opening a case with support.  Be sure to try both the app and a browser to be thorough.

dvemoshaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, I misunderstood when I saw Superuser under your username. I have logged this before and they blamed it on the batteries. Frustrating to pay for cameras that cannot be relied on to work properly.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This has been reported before and fixed. If it's happening again, the case lets them know it's an issue. Don't take no for an answer. And keep us posted.

dillonmcs
Aspirant
Aspirant
  1. I am having same problem, camera working live but not saving to library.
  2. very frustrating so think I will return
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How do you know it's working? WHat mode is selected in the Mode tab (select your base to see)? Are the running men for each camera black or gray in the Devices tab? Can you live view and manually record? Do the videos show in the library?

dvemoshaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ended up having to do a complete reboot and now everything is working for the time being.

RTVM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just replaced the batteries on two of the cameras in my 4 camera system. The cameras are working however nothing is being saved to the library. Today is the 23rd of the month and the library is inaccessible after the 18th. Prior to replacing the batteries the library was working ok. We have synced the cameras but no improvement. I checked the speed of the internet and that's fast enough too. Any suggestions? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you power cycled the base?

RTVM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, it's working now, we rebooted it again and resynced two of the cameras that went off line -- all is well, for now.