Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video recording length

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
bburwell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the Arlo pro with 2 cameras for around 10 months.   One thing that really is frustrating is the shortness of the video recordings. 6 seconds to be precise.   I have it set to 120 seconds but it will never record that long.  I have a 4tb hd connected to the base station.   

The reason I bring it up today is I got a notification for my camera in the garage and when i went to review footage to determine when the garage door opened, All i get is 6 second clips 60 seconds apart.  

The other issue is the 2nd camera, seems to never use the night vision even though the tab is selected. 

I would really appreciate some help with this .. 

note* I checked the firmware, states no update availble.   Batteries are charged and network connection is gigbit to the base. No issues with wifi either. 

Thanks... Brian 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bburwell
Aspirant
Aspirant
Called the support last night all resolved

The length of videos was resolved with a reboot of entire system and adding Devices back in. The night vision was solved by relocating camera. Apparently if the camera is facing windows directly it can affect the night vision due to reflection.

Excellent customer support

Brian

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you opened a case withsupport? Hardware issues and the 1 year warranty can only be handled that way.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you share some clips? I guess you're too new to the community to share photos or screenshots unless you want to host them on imgur etc. 10 months is a long time to put up with 6s videos and no night vision

bburwell
Aspirant
Aspirant
I I have t but I will. Thought it might be something on my end
bburwell
Aspirant
Aspirant
Called the support last night all resolved

The length of videos was resolved with a reboot of entire system and adding Devices back in. The night vision was solved by relocating camera. Apparently if the camera is facing windows directly it can affect the night vision due to reflection.

Excellent customer support

Brian
tmoore629
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can anyone provide a phone number for support at Netgear? I have an issue of not being able to sync a Pro camera and I have room for it as I am only using 4 slots?

steve_t
Master Master
Master
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tmoore629,

What issue are you experiencing? What is the LED behavior when you attempting to sync the camera?

JamesC

tmoore629
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems like the suggestion to just tap the sync on the base and 1 second later tap the sync on the camera worked? I was holding both syncs for 2 seconds as instructed but that did not work for syncing?

Thanks for your response!

tmoore629