Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Kingmc
Follower
Follower

I have 5 ARLO PRO cameras at a weekend home. They have worked pretty well for what they are up until this week. All of a sudden the live feed video and sound is lagging, cutting in and out. They are missing motion that they always caught before. In reading the forums it seems that many if not all other users are experiencing the same issue. My internet speed has not changed. I have tried resetting the system. No joy. What is happening?? this system is basically worthless at this point!!!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Notrab
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is also happening to me in live view. I don't know if it's internet speed related or not, but it never happened before.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Who is your ISP and what are you download/upload speeds?

JamesC

Lela41
Initiate
Initiate
My arlo pro is still cutting in and out in sound and live video. Is this issue going to be solved or what. I paid a good amount of money for this system as did everyone else. It was awesome until the update so many months ago. Now its worthless. Please fix this. By the way it's not my internet speed either. I've seen the same comments on this issue. I need a good solution to this problem.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lela41,

It sounds like the issue could be related to the cameras location (possible interference or poor signal strength).Try moving the camera close to the base station (temporarily) to see if you get the same results.

JamesC

Ruger3478
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree, I won’t purchase another Arlo camera unless they come up with a fix real fast. I also don’t like the new change and set up on the settings.
Ruger3478
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has nothing to do with the location of the cameras, mine are close and they cut out both video and audio all the time. They lag behind anywhere from 15 seconds to a minute long . The problem is, the system sucks, period. If The problem isn’t fixed fast, I am going to scrap them and go buy real cameras.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ruger3478,

What are your download/upload speeds?

JamesC