Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Emporia
Aspirant
Aspirant

This morning I received an alert that someone was in the driveway.  When I went to review the video I saw a stranger that I did not recognize at about a little after 8am this morning.  When I clicked on the video it disappeared.

Then I called Arlo to report the malfunction as I had tried to locate this video with the stranger in my driveway.  

The called only adgitated me more due to the customer rep not paying attention to what I was saying, CR ask me to repeat my question several times.  After he asked again to repeat my question, I hang up.

But he told me something that I think is important to say here.  He told me to go to a computer and pull up my account to see the video because it may not be accessible from my phone.

When I went to view to locate this video from this morning on a computer, I was not able to locate it.  Something is not right about this. And I know that I saw this video (is Arlo manipulating videos?) .

Question to Arlo: Who owns the videos - Arlo or the Customer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emporia,

Video content is only automatically removed after 7 days (if you're using the basic plan) or manually by pressing the delete button. Are you sure you didn't accidentally delete the video?

Do you share the account with anyone else who may have deleted the content?

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emporia,

Video content is only automatically removed after 7 days (if you're using the basic plan) or manually by pressing the delete button. Are you sure you didn't accidentally delete the video?

Do you share the account with anyone else who may have deleted the content?

JamesC

Emporia
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I don't share videos thru my account.  Not sure what happened but thanks for the quick response.