Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMS4430 The four cameras that are linked to the base station do not appear when mode is clicked.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rayzs
Aspirant
Aspirant

When Mode is clicked only the base station appears. The four cameras do not appear.  The cameras all seem to be functioning well and are recording motion.  They all appear when settings is clicked.  The firmware version of the base station is 1.8.10.1_13433. The firmware version of all four cameras is 1.092.0.4_13099.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rayzs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I figured it out.  When I clicked mode an icon of the base appeared and then the word "Armed" in Green.  When I clicked the green "Armed" four choices were listed: Armed, Disarmed, Schedule and Geofencing. I never went any further.  I assumed that when I chose one one of them all of the phones would be set with the same mode.This time I went one step further. I clicked the green pencil icon to the right of "Armed".  Now the four cameras were listed.  Now I have the option to set each phone up with its rule on what to do if motion is detected.  I had to go a little further into the menu before the four phones were listed.  The phones must have been set up armed by defualt or I had chose that on the initial setup.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not to be silly, but have you clicked on the base ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Tom is silly but correct. Once you do that, you see your modes.  In those modes are rules for your cameras. You may want to review the documentation here on how to create/modify modes and rules.

Rayzs
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

Tom is silly but correct. Once you do that, you see your modes.  In those modes are rules for your cameras. You may want to review the documentation here on how to create/modify modes and rules.

I click that and the modes to appear for the base but I thought each of my four synced phones was supposed to have its own icon and by clicking each one you could make one of the four choises for each phone.  The user manual clearly states "Tap or click  Mode. A list of cameras displays".

Rayzs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I figured it out.  When I clicked mode an icon of the base appeared and then the word "Armed" in Green.  When I clicked the green "Armed" four choices were listed: Armed, Disarmed, Schedule and Geofencing. I never went any further.  I assumed that when I chose one one of them all of the phones would be set with the same mode.This time I went one step further. I clicked the green pencil icon to the right of "Armed".  Now the four cameras were listed.  Now I have the option to set each phone up with its rule on what to do if motion is detected.  I had to go a little further into the menu before the four phones were listed.  The phones must have been set up armed by defualt or I had chose that on the initial setup.