Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMS4230 cannot activate cameras - I am following instructions

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
3chordsgood
Follower
Follower

Hello. I had hoped to contact you by phone but cannot locate the phone number despite my best efforts to do so. I have followed the step-by-step instructions to activate my new VMS4230 (+ two additional cameras) and everything appears to be fine primarily because the instructions are clear and easy to comprehend. However, my numerous attempts to activate my four cameras (one by one, just inches away from the base station) have failed. The blinking blue light illuminates on all four cameras but then turns to amber before disappearing entirely. I've held on to the activation button on the camera(s) while the Sync button was blinking blue and when it wasn't yet with the same results. My PC connection is at "High Performance," fully charge and plugged in. I skimmed the trouble shooting guidelines but can't seem to crack the case. Please advise. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
First, use the Contact Support link at the bottom of these pages. Several contact methods there.

When syncing, only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it. Did that help?
JensenHO
Aspirant
Aspirant
No
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Well,that was a useful response from someone who hasn't given any information.