VMC4030P; Shared account but can't see devices

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PerryLR21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have sent my husband a link to share.  He is able to get his account set-up on his phone and the app is working, but cannot see any of the cameras.  When the request was sent, I checked all the cameras to share and we even tried a different email account.

This all started when we set up a different wifi network for the house.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PerryLR21 wrote:

I have sent my husband a link to share.  He is able to get his account set-up on his phone and the app is working, but cannot see any of the cameras.  When the request was sent, I checked all the cameras to share and we even tried a different email account.

Is he seeing "Feed" and "Dashboard" in his app?  Or is he seeing "Library".

Also, which are you seeing?

PerryLR21
Aspirant
Aspirant

He is seeing the library, what we've always seen (devices, library and mode).  I see the feed.   

If it matters, we are both on android phones.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PerryLR21 wrote:

He is seeing the library, what we've always seen (devices, library and mode).  I see the feed.   

That's the problem.  It sounds like you are using a new account.  Both accounts need to use the same interface (either both feed, or both library)

It is not possible to migrate your account from Feed  to Library.

But it is possible for him to migrate from Library to Feed by going into "add device" and starting to add a Pro 5s camera.  He can't finish that (since he doesn't have that camera).  But it will migrate his account to "Feed".

"Feed" works differently, and has some limitations/bugs.  The biggest limitation is the lack of custom modes.  Some folks also are struggling to get schedules to work properly.  Unfortunately there is no way to migrate his account back to "Library" if he runs into issues.

perrylr
Aspirant
Aspirant

That worked..............thank you.