VMC3030 Cameras stopped recording after internet problem fixed

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RHSH
Guide
Guide

Our 5 cameras were working just fine until our internet went down twice, and now it seems like we have a myriad of Arlo problems. My base station, a VMB3010, has green leds for power and internet but the camera led is blinking Amber. All 5 cameras are connected to the base station. I have a schedule for all 5 cameras to activate and record motion between 7pm to 7am each night. For right now, temporarily, I've set the system to ARM Home to see if any motion will be recorded by any camera at any time. The only recording is made by one camera when my son goes to work at 6:50am, otherwise no cameras are recording any motion. I am able to make  manual recordings. (besides this, my app frequently shows my base station offline and or my cameras offline while our internet is up and then they all pop up as online. The base is connected by an ethernet cable directly to the internet provider's modem. This just happened again as I wrote this.)

Any suggestions as to what I should be checking to solve some of these problems?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Camera LED blinking amber is puzzling but could mean a camera doesn't have a good connection to the base (the following FAQ doesn't define this):

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

Turn off or unplug your modem, router and base. Turn them back on in that order, allowing each to fully reboot before going on to the next one. Also, move your base as far as practical away from your router to see if that helps.