Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cindy52
Aspirant
Aspirant

Help!!!! I went through removing and then adding the same device back, however, now netgear will not add device. The batteries were low so they were switched out prior to going through the remove and add process. Now it wll not add the device back at all.  I really need this device back as it is used to monitor my elderly mother with Alzheimers.  I need help immediately.  Why will it not add device.  Is there a firmware update that has taken?  

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First questions is why did you remove it in the first place? Second question is how are you trying to sync the camera? Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button (don't hold it) and then press the sync button on the camera. What are the various LEDs on the base and camera showing?

Cindy52
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the device as a last effort as the batteries were indicating low even after new ones installed.  Removing the device and adding should not be an issue as I've done this in the past. It was simple and worked fine.  I do realize you're only holding for a short couple of seconds and the instructions indicate.  So why won't it add device? 

Cindy52
Aspirant
Aspirant

The LED's are lighting as indicated, it just will not add. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Guess it would be useful to reboot the base before trying again. COuld be a bad camera which would mean opening a case with support here.

Freqdrive
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just curious if youve resolved this issue or not. Did you get it added back to your system?

Cindy52
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.  I have not tried rebooting the base system as I am not where the base station is.  I will have to wait until someone is there to do.  I've away not back until tomorrow.  I will definitely let you know upon trying this.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can restart the base remotely in Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart button at the bottom.

Cindy52
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried restarting, changing batteries and it still will not add the device back on.  I've rebooted the system and will not allow camera to be added.  I've done this in the past and have no issues but this time it doesn't work.  The sync button on the base is which button?

Unlike the camera sync button, the base has a picture of the camera and below that is the LED lighting. By it not allowing me to add, This is not good as I use the cameras to monitor my mother who has dementia and the activity from outside and insider her home. I need a response and narrow down what could be wrong with the camera or the system?  It was working fine prior to me changing the batteries as they were indicating low.  

The battery situation is not good either, because I can insert new batteries, it goes to a full charge view and within minutes, it displays low battery again. Why does this happen and what is is the solution.  This is my big complaints with arlo is the battery life, displaying inaccurate battery life and now this. The system costs too much to experience these issues. 

Cindy52
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would appreciate someone from the arlo tech support give me a call asap to help me understand what is happening. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to call support - they won't call you. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page.