Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
davevon
Tutor
Tutor

Today my wife turned her car around in our driveway and our driveway camera missed the entire event.  This was during daylight hours.  The camera is located 10 to 20 feet away from the motion.  The car passed across the entire frame of the camera. I'm also getting motion event videos as the motion is leaving the frame (after having crossed the entire frame) or I get a video where there is no motion recorded at all (missed the motion completely).

Since recent firmware upgrade, I occasionally have 2 or 4 cameras going 'offline' (I have 4 cameras)

My basestation is ideally located in a window with line of sight to the cameras.

Current firmware - 1.14.1.2_2916_1fdeefd

Internet connection is stable with upload speeds of 11Mbps

Camera firmware - 1.092.0.24_985

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Check the USB attached to your base station. Take out the USB and look at the files on your computer. I think you will find it has recorded as expected. Its the cloud that's not displaying the entire clip.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @davevon

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Check the USB attached to your base station. Take out the USB and look at the files on your computer. I think you will find it has recorded as expected. Its the cloud that's not displaying the entire clip.
davevon
Tutor
Tutor

Ah you are right.. the USB video does show what triggered the video when the web based video has no motion recorded.

Thank you!!

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

My pleasure.

Its more of a symptom not a solution. Hopefully it is where the developers should start looking to make it it an "acceptable solution".

After all this is supposed to be a mobile system.

Unless you make so we can log into our base stations and view the video files on our attached USB device. Then maybe the files will not need to be so compressed, and more, not so blocky.

just a thought.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

I have downloaded and posted 2 versions of the same video.

One off the Cloud and one off the USB recorded locally on the base station.

First thing I notice is duration's, Cloud is shorter by 2 secs. USB is 45 seconds, as instructed by the rules set in setup.

And the USB versions "anticipate movement". Almost as if a record buffer is in place.

I have purposefully included a right to left and a left to right movement. To disprove camera positioning.

This not unique to this camera. All 3 cameras display this behaviour. 

And as stated these were working as expected until late July of this year.

4 Files can be found in this folder https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I4bxLxIa3cjxBqOtjiJQec-tY9MFLkw_

JessicaP this is not an "acceptable solution". This is a pointer to where your programmers should be looking to fix the error.

davevon
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, this is what my system is doing as well.  USB recording has more complete recording of the motion event.  Thanks for sharing examples!

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Do you have some too. Let's get this fixed.
storgeman
Apprentice
Apprentice

So it seems the solution to missing movement by the camera's is not use the Cloud recording and provide your own storage ?   Is this also true on why (when it captures movement) the video recorded on the cloud is always delayed by 3-4 seconds ?   If this is the case, how does one view the videos on the USB Storage while still being plugged into the base station ????  

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
My point exactly. It is meant to be a mobile, wireless system.
Either fix the cloud upload, to include the whole file. Or allow us to access our USB drive, on our base station, remotely.
storgeman
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a spare 750gb external unit that I'm going to hook up.   However this is really sad.   A work around is ok, but when you end up with several, one is just trying to make it work (Patching), when its really Broke.