Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
grayDuck
Initiate
Initiate

Has anyone experienced system failure since firmware 1.15.0.1_3162_d878851? In my case, the base station loses its connection with cameras and reports "This Arlo Device is offline." Restarting the base station results in all cameras in the offline state. Removing and re-adding is sometimes successful for some cameras, but restarting the base station returns all cameras to the offline state. Factory reset of the base station immediately results in a firmware update to this version and the symptoms described above.

Is this a known problem with this update?

6 REPLIES 6
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

You're not alone.. Arlo's "Buggy Engineers" called it bug fix.. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

grayDuck
Initiate
Initiate
As a matter of fact, yes. The page failed and a pop up suggested I go to support. (You know, the place I already was.)

I tried to attach a jpeg to this reply, but that failed too, with the following: Correct the highlighted errors and try again.
The file c07eb0c7-cbab-4c6d-8063-963e03e107cc.jpeg does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. jpg,gif,png,pdf are the valid extensions.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @grayDuck

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 41398890

MaggieGrt
Tutor
Tutor

We also have problems, I thought the Base was broken but it sounds very similar to what you are describing. First it lost connection to all cameras, after reset it can t be connected / found anymore. Problem has persisted for 2 weeks now. Would be grateful for ideas how to solve it

MaggieGrt
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Shayne, could you also open a case for me. I struggle to get hold of anyone. I purchased the Arlo System in Nov 2018 (just over the 1 year warranty) and the Base stopped connecting to the cameras, after a reset it simply can't be found by the arlo app anymore. I am quite bleak about it as the system is fairly new and the issues are so major. Also not able to get hold of any support, have been on it for almost 2 weeks now. Thank you