Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tiz2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just when I need my cameras to work they have stopped working. I am getting a message that my cameras are off-line or not available. Hub has been turned off and then on. Says firmware up-to-date. But still not working. I took the next step and remove a camera to reinstall. Successfully removed, but cannot get it to reinstall. I need these cameras to work. This is the second failure, the first being in 2019 when I was traveling to China, and during the trip they failed back at home. I need help. And while there is a ton of information, there is nothing I can find that helps and no phone number to call. If I cannot get this fixed, I am dumping this product.

13 REPLIES 13
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tiz2 wrote:

I took the next step and remove a camera to reinstall. Successfully removed, but cannot get it to reinstall. 

What camera model do you have?  (There is a label inside the camera - remove the battery and look for a label that starts with VMC).

Did you look for the base station WiFi on your phone/PC (just to make sure the base WiFi hasn't failed).  

Also, did you try just removing/reinserting the battery on one of the cameras? 

If the cameras were off-line for a while, they might also need to be charged.  The cameras will actively look for the base, and if they don't find it for some reason, then you will end up with a lot of battery drain.

Tiz2
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera is a VMC430.

I removed and reinserted the battery. 

I activated the alarm and the camera in question was triggered, was added back and my trigger slowed in the library. However, it still shows "Your Arlo device appears offline. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to the internet" even though the camera is sitting next to the hub. From the Phone app, the camera refresh just keeps spinning.

Last week the battery was around 80%. It did show on my phone once, doing all this, that the battery was 51%. Based on the comment below, there seems to be an issue with finding the base.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tiz2 wrote:

The camera is a VMC430.

You're missing at least one digit from the model number.  Do you mean VMC4030?  That would be a Pro.  If you meant VMC4030P, then you'd have a Pro 2.

@Tiz2 wrote:

However, it still shows "Your Arlo device appears offline. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to the internet" even though the camera is sitting next to the hub. From the Phone app, the camera refresh just keeps spinning.

Not sure what is going on there, perhaps one of the mods ( @JamesC or @ShayneS )  will chime in.   

This is happening with all your cameras (never just some)?  What status are you seeing on the base LEDs?  https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What does the camera display on the web browser/pc?

Tiz2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo.jpg

Tiz2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Phone app is now working fine.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update, let me know if it occurs again.

Tiz2
Aspirant
Aspirant

The PC Internet version still does not work, as shown in the screen prints above.

yellowsubmarine
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue with the PC Internet version. What is the fix??????

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried a different browser and clearing the cache? 

Tiz2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Edge works. Chrome still not working even after cleaing Cache. Thanks for the help

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It seems there is something on your pc that may be causing an issue. I wasn't able to replicate with chrome & latest version 102.0.5005.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Do you have another pc you can test with chrome to help isolate the issue? 

Thanks 

Tiz2
Aspirant
Aspirant

It worked on my Wife's laptop with each of us having the latest version. So it much me an issue with my PC/Chrome.