Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
theredkni463
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've received a brand new in box Arlo VMB4000 base station with 3 cameras and have an extra one that was also new in a separate box. I've tried to get this base station to be discovered on my phone and pc and its been months since its been sitting because nothing from my ISP (Cox Panoramic Wifi) and Arlo's tech support hasnt been much of a help so far in getting this issue resolved. I have tried almost every single possible resolution everyone has provided from resetting the device, changing LAN cables/ports, doing static IP, changed modem and routers, etc. What confuses me the most is that I can see the base station on the connected menu in my router settings and it has connection. the base station also emits a good wifi signal for the cameras to connect. I haven't tried to connect the cameras as there is no point if the base station cannot be added into the account. 

19 REPLIES 19
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How are you sure it's a new system? It hasn't been sold for a long time so it could easily be previously owned. A taped-closed box doesn't count since it could have been re-taped. If it was previously used the original owner needs to remove it from his account for you to be able to use it.

When resetting the base, did you hold the reset button for >10 seconds until the LEDs flashed amber? What are the LEDs showing? Power and Internet must be green and the Camera LED off or solid amber.

FWIW, I've had a base that looked like it was working but actually wasn't. A different base solved the issue.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried adding the base from both your phone and a PC (my.arlo.com)?

If you have a VPN enabled on the phone (or PC), then make sure it is disconnected during the install process.

RKe14
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the same issue today. On the website it said to reset the base station which I did and now none of the cameras will connect. I think it's an arlo issue

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you reset the base, you must also remove it from your account. Then you use the app (or web client) to add the base back into your account normally, followed by connecting your cameras again.

RKe14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Doing a factory reset automatically does that. Then you add it again. But for me even when I've done that I still cannot link my cameras. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's been a while since I had to resort to a system reset but in the past a reset (holding the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber) never also removed the base from my account. Perhaps we're describing different methods?

RKe14
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can physically see there is no base on my account. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then it seems to be a faulty base. I ran into that one time where everything looked to be proper but the base couldn't be detected. When I used a different base, it worked properly.

theredkni463
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the system brand new when it was still on sale and never really used it and forgot about it until one day I was cleaning out the storage. So i know for sure its brand new.

theredkni463
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, i've tried both pc and and app. I even tried switching out the router because someone said that it does not work with the cox panoramic wifi I have.

RKe14
Aspirant
Aspirant

So after speaking with VIP support and lots of trouble shooting we managed to get it to work again. We took the whole set up to and friends house that has nothing but a basic router. Worked first time. Seems like most things interfere with it. We have a Ring doorbell, Orbi mesh network set up and other stuff. 

BELGIUM
Tutor
Tutor

My ARLO Pro2 has been out of order for 2 weeks and cannot be started.
Base VMB4000 (after removal & reset) is no longer recognized.
The ARLO support states:
"We are currently working to resolve an issue that prevents Pro and Pro 2 cameras from recording to a Smart Hub or Base Station. Please try removing, resetting, and reinstalling your Base Station or Smart Hub and cameras."
But ARLO.com makes it clear that some models will be "end of life policy". A real shame or a commercial move to force the user to subscribe.....Who knows the solution.

BELGIUM
Tutor
Tutor

The ARLO support states:
"We are currently working to resolve an issue that prevents Pro and Pro 2 cameras from recording to a Smart Hub or Base Station. Please try removing, resetting, and reinstalling your Base Station or Smart Hub and cameras."
But ARLO.com makes it clear that some models will be "end of life". A real shame or a commercial move to force the user to subscribe.....Who knows the solution.

BELGIUM
Tutor
Tutor

The ARLO support states:
But ARLO.com makes it clear that some models will be "end of life". A real shame or a commercial move to force the user to subscribe.....Who knows the solution.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BELGIUM wrote:

The ARLO support states:

Please don't double-post.  I replied to your other one.

theredkni463
Aspirant
Aspirant

it looks like in your case it was the router issue of some sort. im wondering if it will be the same for me.

theredkni463
Aspirant
Aspirant

what base station did you end up buying and using?

BELGIUM
Tutor
Tutor

My base is VMB4000 type (2019).

My system no longer boots. I removed my base device VMB4000 because afterwards the procedure had to start up. This is no longer possible: Arlo Web Portal SMart Home reports that it does not recognize my device - a push notification to verify the base does not help. I can't log in and the base can't be found to use.
At my other location (base was not removed), my ARLO system works again after an update.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BELGIUM wrote:

My base is VMB4000 type (2019).

My system no longer boots. I removed my base device VMB4000 because afterwards the procedure had to start up. This is no longer possible: Arlo Web Portal SMart Home reports that it does not recognize my device - a push notification to verify the base does not help. I can't log in and the base can't be found to use.
At my other location (base was not removed), my ARLO system works again after an update.

There is no push verification to verify the base.  Push is used to verify the account (two-factor authentication).

Have you tried selecting "another verification method"?  Are you able to log into the app?