Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 cannot be found by app

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cheerfulmike
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo base station VMB 4000 and the Pro camera that came with it years ago. It was working last week on the same wifi I use now.

Last week I bought Pro4 cameras to try that came with a new smart homebase. I set up those cameras on the app, and added the older Pro camera to the new smart home base and app, and everything worked well.

But the Pro 4 cameras did not work well for me so I returned the Pro4 cameras and smart home base to Costco. I deleted all the apps and the new smart home base from the app. But now I cannot get the app to see my old home base. Or connect my older Pro camera to the old home base. The power (left) and internet (middle) lights on the VMB4000 are on solid green, and the camera (right) light is solid orange.

I put the power cable in after the ethernet cable. I reset the home base and got all orange lights before trying again. I have done it many times.

How can I use my old camera again?? 

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cheerfulmike,

It sounds like the factory reset did not complete successfully for the base station. Make sure you using the steps mentioned here and try onboarding again: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

JamesC

kevharper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with my VMB4000 and I follow all the instructions regarding reset and onboarding.  Both my power and internet lights are green.  I believe my token needs to be reset at the Arlo end of this.  Can you help me @JamesC ?

cheerfulmike
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes exactly kevharper. I don't know what tokens are, but mine worked last week and for the previous 2 years. I was hopeful James C had something different to try but I have done exactly what the link he posted says to do many times. All devices have been removed in my Arlo app. But since I removed the old home base and the added the smart home base 2 that came with the pro 4 cameras, and then deleted the smart base 2 and pro 4 cameras, the app does not see the old home base when I try to add it after resetting the old home base. Very frustrating! I should have used the free 90 day tech phone support that came with my cameras to be sure I could add my old stuff back to the app to if I didn't like the equipment. The phone support has to be initiated thru the device in the app so they know I qualify, but I already had deleted all devices and returned the equipment before I tried to add the old home base!