Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 Suddenly seeing 'prepareStream' in library instead of 'motion' on android tablet June 2022

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KJKJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Version 3.6.6_1 released 5/23/2022

Suddenly this afternoon, recordings have a long delay before showing in the library,  and when they do,  they now show with 'prepareStream' under the recording instead of 'motion' (as it has for years). I am seeing this on both my Samsung android tablet and also on my Windows PC. 

It took over 5 minutes from when the last recording finished until it showed up in the library.  Very concerning! Earlier recordings from this morning are still showing as 'Motion' in the library. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this?  I'm not paying more money for a subscription. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update was released that should resolve this issue. No additional interaction from those impacted is necessary to receive the fix. Please let us know if you're still experiencing this issue going forward from today.

Thank you,

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Monti19
Aspirant
Aspirant
This just happend with my device as well(baby moniter)! Same as you it has always been labeled with motion or sound but when i looked today there are 2 clips named "prepareStream".
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Monti19,

Are all clips labeled this way? Are you still seeing this issue today?

JamesC

Monti19
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, not all clips and not in the last 2 days!
Monti19
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now its happening whit alot of clips at night! I will not use my divice until this is fixed. Why does it say that?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Monti19,

Please let me know if you see any new occurrences of this issue.

Thanks,

JamesC

KJKJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still happening. Not every recording. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Does it occur consistently if you live stream the camera immediately after a motion triggered event?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update once we have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update was released that should resolve this issue. No additional interaction from those impacted is necessary to receive the fix. Please let us know if you're still experiencing this issue going forward from today.

Thank you,

JamesC