Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000 - Looking For Device - None found.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
CherylMASS
Aspirant
Aspirant

BTW this is my issue: VMB3000 I was gifted an older model Netgear Base Station & four Arlo cameras. I powered up the Base Station.  Did a reset. The amber light came on. Next I unplugged it,  connected the Ethernet cable to my Internet router, then plugged it back in to power it up. The first three lights came on green.  I opened my newly downloaded app, on my iPhone, selected Base Station/Hub, the Ethernet cable was plugged in, the power plug was plugged in, Looking For Device - None found.   YouTube videos show older apps allowed you to enter the serial number, but I don't see that option found. I was able to sync one of the cameras to the base station, but that also was not found. What am I doing wrong? If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CherylMASS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, in my original post I mentioned I did a reset. I tried again and held the pin in for longer, 20 seconds. That did the trick.  The app said it was successfully added. Thank you! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master
Do you know if the previous owner had removed the devices from their account? There is a anti-theft feature to prevent you using them.
Best get the owner to give you the login credentials so you can get them transferred across to your account.
CherylMASS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, the previous owner did deleted them from his account as he bought a newer set to replace these. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Reading your first post further suggests that the base station is still tied to the previous account since the first three LEDs were green.
Have you tried a factory reset using a paper clip to the reset button at rear of the base? It should have had all LEDs flashing yellow during the reboot. This needs to be done while connected to internet to release them from the account.
CherylMASS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, in my original post I mentioned I did a reset. I tried again and held the pin in for longer, 20 seconds. That did the trick.  The app said it was successfully added. Thank you!