Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMA1000 Rust

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mjgraci89
Guide
Guide

I have two Arlo Mounts - VMA 1000 that are rusting around the thread area.  Is any one else experiencing the same thing.  Any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tunguyen
Tutor
Tutor

Got it, thank you. We will definitely look into this. In the meantime, we'll have a replacement sent out to you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mjgraci89,

Can you provide screenshots of this?

JamesC

Mjgraci89
Guide
Guide

The rusting I was referring to.The rusting I was referring to.

tunguyen
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @Mjgraci89,

My name's Tu and I'm from the Arlo Product team. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions: 

How long have you been using the mount? And do you live in an area where the mount is exposed to high levels of salt in the air? Thanks so much for helping us understand the cause of the rust.

-Tu

Mjgraci89
Guide
Guide

Thanks Tu,

I've been using the mount since Nov '16.  I live in Newark, DE.  Not an area that is exposed to high levels of salt. 

tunguyen
Tutor
Tutor

Got it, thank you. We will definitely look into this. In the meantime, we'll have a replacement sent out to you.

Mjgraci89
Guide
Guide

Thank you!

graytmb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I brought a set last year. I live in So Calif and we hardly get rain and all 3 wall mounts are rusted in the thread area as well. We will need to remove the camera as the erosion will surely have the camera fall off onto the ground.  How do we prevent further erosion or rust?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

graytmb,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this.

JamesC