Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
CDMUser
Follower
Follower

I would like to be able to use the audio mic-speaker system from more than one device so that either my wife or I can use (to intercom with the front door camera) from either our iPhone or iPad.

Will a Friends invite accomplish this or do we have to establish a common account?

3 REPLIES 3
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, a "friends" invite will accomplish this.  My wife is setup on my account the same way and has access to all the cameras, audio, etc. Once you set her up, you might want to give her the "allow access rights" opton which essentially gives her the same access as you. (Except for adding/removing users, of course).  If you prefer not to do that, then make sure she has access to the cameras you want her to be able to interact with.  Also, if she doesn't have the allow access rights, she won't be able to arm/disarm the system and do certain other tasks. (I'm not sure of the complete list, but I know it's more restricted.)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Adding to the post above, "Allow Access Rights" must be enabled for the shared user to be able to take advantage of the push to talk feature. For more information on privileges, see here: What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

JamesC

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for that update, James. I was wondering what the exact rights where myself.  Useful to know.