Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Bernd17
Initiate
Initiate

Dear community

I also purchased a couple of arlo cams to secure my home. Unfortunatelly on camera must be plased below the roof and therefore it's really difficult to change the power akku.

So my idea was to connect an high capacity powerbank (e.g. Anker PowerCore 20100mAh), with the following two purposes:

1) extend the lifetime / operation hours of the Arlo-Q 

2) charge the Arlo-Q over the Powerbank

I did a couple of tests with an old amazon basics powerbank and I'll get the message that this power supply can't charge the arlo akku. removing the akku and running only the powerbank seems to be work.

Maybe anyone can help me out, and all comments are welcome!

Cheers, b!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bernd17
Initiate
Initiate

Sorry for the late response, yes its's not the Q its the Pro!

I got it working by using an Anker PowerBank supporting quick-charging. My first tries where based on a "standard" Amazon Powerbank, without the quick-charging option. So the Anker device is working, without removing the battery from the arlo cam.

Thanks for your responses, Bernd

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Arlo Q cameras aren't for outdoor use. Do you mean a different camera?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Hi Steve... He must be using the PRO... as it needs the Qulacomm charging unit and gives that messg at 5v only ( dual V at 5/9 )

Yes , you can run the Pro camera on just the 5v from the usb... AND you can leave the battery in it ( tho I would remove it ).

A large power pack would/should work without issue except one...the supply cord may not seal enough to keep rain out and if you use it ( indoor rated adapter cord ) and rain does damage the unit your warranty is prob void.

But if you are willing to seal u the port after testing to make sure all is fine , there shouldn't be much issues

So if you do it , take pics and share with all here  ...like out of the box thinking.

As an after thought...you do know that now Netgear sells a solar panel for the Pro camera?? ( someone is running one on this site )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Bernd17
Initiate
Initiate

Sorry for the late response, yes its's not the Q its the Pro!

I got it working by using an Anker PowerBank supporting quick-charging. My first tries where based on a "standard" Amazon Powerbank, without the quick-charging option. So the Anker device is working, without removing the battery from the arlo cam.

Thanks for your responses, Bernd