Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using Arlo Pro base station and Original base station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Andy1nOnly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do I have to shutdown the ARLO base station to use ARLO PRO base station?  If I just use the ARLO base station, am I losing on many features that the ARLO PRO has (have)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andy1nOnly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks TomMac...

I had both set up ARLO with 2 cameras and ARLO PRO with 3 cameras, the only thing with ARLO PRO is that there is more choices of icons that shows on the bottom so I just turn ARLO off and added the other ARLO cameras without AUDIO to my ARLO PRO base station, now in business with 5 cameras working.  I will save the other 2 base units that came from ARLO for another time when I decide to grow bigger.

Thanks again

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Andy1nOnly wrote:

Do I have to shutdown the ARLO base station to use ARLO PRO base station?  If I just use the ARLO base station, am I losing on many features that the ARLO PRO has (have)?

No, you just need another Ethernet port.....there is no limit to the number of bases on any account level.

The only features lost on the Pro base are the siren an local USB record.... I still run 9 cam on the original Arlo base ( yes some are pros ).. The audio feature on the Pro cam still works on the original base.

The better option is to run two bases so you can really expand your coverage

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Andy1nOnly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks TomMac...

I had both set up ARLO with 2 cameras and ARLO PRO with 3 cameras, the only thing with ARLO PRO is that there is more choices of icons that shows on the bottom so I just turn ARLO off and added the other ARLO cameras without AUDIO to my ARLO PRO base station, now in business with 5 cameras working.  I will save the other 2 base units that came from ARLO for another time when I decide to grow bigger.

Thanks again

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Never know when another base will be needed ... it is the only true way to expand your coverage.

I was using a second base for a while, and split the two between inside and outside cams... because they operate as separate systems, it gave me more flexiblity in arming/schedules

Morse is faster than texting!