Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to update firmware and use cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
paaland
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo sytem (VMB4000r3) will not show live camera, only a message saying I need to update the camera firmware. But when I click the update button I get error "base_station_error_4403" which does not tell me much.

I tried updating all three cameras and even reboted the base station. Still no luck. The system was working fine before this update tried to force itself on me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paaland
Tutor
Tutor
I turned the base station off and on again using the physical switch on the back. When it came back the firmware was updated by itself.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
andsea
Initiate
Initiate

Have just had the same issue. Tried to Reboot the Base Station from the app but without success. Then Powered off the Base Station physically, turned back on and Voila! - Update successful..

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

paaland,

Firmware updates will complete on their own overnight. Are you still experiencing an issue?

JamesC

deealexander
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.....tried updating 2 camera's but won't update.  Tried all routes and get same message as this person base_station_error_4403.  I need to be able to view live feed due to handicapped husband so hopefully this gets answered today.

paaland
Tutor
Tutor
I turned the base station off and on again using the physical switch on the back. When it came back the firmware was updated by itself.
deealexander
Aspirant
Aspirant

When you turned the base unit on and off did you have to resync all your cameras

paaland
Tutor
Tutor
No. Everything came up just fine.
deealexander
Aspirant
Aspirant
deealexander
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  I also turned base unit off and on and then it allowed me to update the cameras (I think & hope anyway).  The notice to update didn't appear again so that's a good thing.