Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to pair Arlo Pro camera with Arlo Pro base station - tried 3 basestations and 6 cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jamesno
Tutor
Tutor

I purchased an Arlo Pro system with a basestation and 3 cameras from amazon.  After following the directions exactly, I was unable to pair any of the 3 cameras with the basestation.  I spent an hour with Arlo tech support repeating this process.  They sent a replacement basestation.  I repeated with the new basestation and it also didn't work.  I returned the original system to amazon.  They sent a replacement and I have the same problem.  Here is everything I've tried:

• Battery powering the camera
  • Wall powering the camera
  • Battery and Wall powering the camera
  • Angling the camera towards & away the basestation
  • Putting the camera inches, 1 foot, 2 feet, 3 feet & 5 feet from the basestation while syncing
  • Pushing the basestation sync button 1st & 2nd.
  • Syncing the camera with the router and modem off
  • Plugging the basestation directly into the modem
  • Powering the camera from the basestation

Not sure what could be to blame except the firmware.  The cameras can't all be broken.  The basestations can't all be broken.

Customer service said they won't help me unless I try it at someone else's house.  Any other ideas?

Additional:
When attempting to pair, the camera light slowly blinks blue for around a minute, the fast orange for about 10 seconds.

Basestation firmware: 1.8.10.1_13433

Hardware: VMB4000r3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jamesno
Tutor
Tutor

Problem Solved.

The cell phone tower across the street is so powerful that it is blocking the signal.  I put the system in my car and powered the basestation from an inverter and the cameras synced immediately.  Once I brought everything back home the cameras worked fine.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tha_B_Man
Guide
Guide
Do you have any other Bluetooth equipment around?
jamesno
Tutor
Tutor

Good idea.  I tried again with all the bluetooth devices off (phone and computer).  Same result.

Tha_B_Man
Guide
Guide
Can you look on your phone and see any other Bluetooth devices?
Tha_B_Man
Guide
Guide
You see where I'm going with this. I'm just wondering if something is interfering or hijacking. I'm sure that's why neatgear wants you to go to another house.
jamesno
Tutor
Tutor

There's no other bluetooth devices in the house that are on.  I'm going to try another location to see if they has any better results.

I figured Netgear was looking for an excuse to blame someone else for why the cameras weren't pairing.  They refused to even discuss any other ideas until I tried everything at another location first.

jamesno
Tutor
Tutor

Problem Solved.

The cell phone tower across the street is so powerful that it is blocking the signal.  I put the system in my car and powered the basestation from an inverter and the cameras synced immediately.  Once I brought everything back home the cameras worked fine.