Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to set up Arlo Pro 5-Camera system. How can I transfer ownership when he's out of country?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Paulm99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, I am setting up an arlo pro 5 camera system for a friend at his second home , after setting up how can I transfer ownership when he is out of the country. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have him create the account (using his email address), and let you know the password.

Then you set up it up using his account, and he'll change the password when he gets back. 

Paulm99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you , he is currently travelling with no access to internet, is there an alternative , i.e. I set up and then he changes details when he returns. thank you.

Paul

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Paulm99 wrote:

Thank you , he is currently travelling with no access to internet, is there an alternative , i.e. I set up and then he changes details when he returns. thank you.

You could create an account using one of your email addresses, and then change the address in the profile when he returns.

However, this wasn't working last fall - so it would be good to check that you can create the account and change the email address before you add the devices.  You'd need to change it to another of your own email addresses for the test (since I think you will need to confirm that change via email).