Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Tried to install VMB4500 but receiving HTTP failure response 503 error

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Olivier68
Guide
Guide

Hello,

I have tried install my new Arlo Pro system today. The Base Station VMB4500 is correctly detected but after clicking on "Continue" the following error appears:
"Http failure response for https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/devices/claimDevice: 503 OK"
I have tried several times to install the Arlo Pro with the iPhone App, a Windows 7 computer and a MacBookAir. Nothing works.
Thanks for helping resolving this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier68
Guide
Guide
It seems the problem has been resolved. I was able to connect my Arlo Pro this morning.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Kevoliv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Izzy80
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, same here.

The installation wizard has found the base station (VMB4540, Arlo Pro 3 and displays the correct serial number. So far so good.

After selecting a time zone and giving a name to the base station, after pressing on the continue button, I receive following error message:

"Http failure response for https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/devices/claimDevice: 503 Service Unavailable".

I have tried several times with different e-mails and accounts, and with resetting the device, switching power off and on, nothing worked. Heeeeelp!

Olivier68
Guide
Guide

This Looks like an issue Arlo has to solve on their Server:

503 Service Unavailable Error.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it's possible something is up with the servers, all you need to do to sync the cameras is to briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds - and then press a camera sync button. You don't need to use the interface to do this.  The base should slowly blink the Camera LED and the camera should slowly blink a blue LED followed by a rapid blue blink when synced.

Olivier68
Guide
Guide
Sync my base station with the camera doesn’t resolve the problem.
I’m not able to add a brand new Arlo Pro system to my account, which is also new.
The attached pics shows what happen when trying with the iPhone app and with a a browser on the iPhone (endless “Please wait...” message). I have already described what happens when using a browser on a windows computer or a Mac (http error 503 Service Unavailable).
Olivier68
Guide
Guide
iPhone app error
Olivier68
Guide
Guide
iPhone browser
ndb_arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue. I've raised a case. Whoever comes up with a solution first lets reply here.
As a first time user of Arlo to be honest I am disappointed for such a super premium product - it's been 3 days for me and the telephone support is closed on Sunday.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Olivier68 wrote:
Sync my base station with the camera doesn’t resolve the problem.

Sorry, I thought the base was already claimed. You're right- it doesn't fix the problem.

Have you gotten it to work yet? Have you used the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they know what's up?

NicolasHe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem when trying to add my new arlo baby : Http failure response for https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/devices/claimDevice: 503 Service Unavailable.....

I ve tried many different way to fix it but found no solutions. 

Olivier68
Guide
Guide

The problem has not been solved yet.

I've raised a case, waiting for an answer...

Doualaboys
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem - I hope they fix it soon. 

fuerscht
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same Issue here.

Olivier68
Guide
Guide

On an other french thread (https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Baby/Appareil-non-d%C3%A9tect%C3%A9s/m-p/1752527#M134) a user was told during a phone call with the Arlo support that the problem exists since last friday and that it concerns an Arlo-Server for Switzerland... Are you all from Switzerland (I am)?

Kevoliv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ohh interesting, I'm from Switzerland too.

NicolasHe
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I'm from Switzerland too with this connection problems...
fuerscht
Aspirant
Aspirant

No incident is imminient in system-status.

Is there any hotline available to escalate this issue? Or are any sysops reading here?...

ndb_arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I’m in Switzerland also. Good to see we’re not alone in our suffering. Case is open but no response and not made it in time home to call support before they close at 17.30. Aaaah frustrating!!! Arlo please respond!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We've raised this issue to the development team and will provide an update when we have more information

Olivier68
Guide
Guide
It seems the problem has been resolved. I was able to connect my Arlo Pro this morning.
Doualaboys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great news! I'll try it tonight. Thanks for the update

NicolasHe
Aspirant
Aspirant
That's finally works fine for me, thanks!
ndb_arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant