Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dill_
Apprentice
Apprentice
- It was way easy to set up.
- It is intuitive to the point I was impressed.
- Rechargable batteries!
- Offline recording.
- Kinda expensive..$700 after tax for the 4 pack, ouch that hurt but...it's friggin sweet.
- Solid wireless solution for home cameras, not much in the way of competition.
- Good job Netgear.
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dill_,

We are happy to be able to provide such a positive user experience. Thank you for the great feedback!

JamesC

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

After using Arlo wire-free cameras for over a year, I was pretty fed up with all the nonsense around the system's obvious flaws. I was very close to throwing the whole mess away, after having wasted so much time with trouble-shooting with no acceptable results. However, I stuck with it and even ventured in trying out the Pro.

I have to say things are much better now, moved two of my old cameras to the pro base station and after a few firmware and app updates things are running pretty smooth.

Got to give Netgear credit and koodos for turning things around, they have listened to frustrated and disgruntled users in the community and some good results from their efforts are starting to show.

True, things aren't all the way they should be but what is important is that many, many problems have now been resolved. The system is at least doing (for the most part) what it's supposed to do.

No more unexplainable false triggers, even with slight delays, videos do show motion activity. No more multiple wasted empty pics and fast battery drain!

I'm glad I didn't give up on this system, happy the way it's running now and looking forward to some more fixes and improvements.

Thanks,

Paul