Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The Arlo cameras were active with there with their lights indicating and the base was activate.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
unhappyarlo433
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base was hacked so some pedophile now has footage of my kids. Unfortunately ARLO couldn't or wouldn't help. I tried to explain the situation, however I just got auto responses for an AI. Don't know what to do now!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's very unlikely your base was hacked but your account could be. Change your password and ensure 2 factor authentication (2FA) is enabled. How do you know someone else has the videos? Have you contacted the police?

unhappyarlo433
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo cameras were active with there with their lights indicating and the base was activate. However my account wasn’t connected to the base.

I fixed the problem, however it appears the someone else was using my base.

I haven’t call the police yet as I don’t believe it will get me anywhere contacting them. What could they possibly do?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@unhappyarlo433 wrote:

The Arlo cameras were active with there with their lights indicating and the base was activate. However my account wasn’t connected to the base.

What do you mean by "my account wasn't connected to the base"?  

Are you saying that the cameras and base were not listed in your account?  Or do you just mean that you weren't using the app at the time?