Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cordalton
Aspirant
Aspirant
First time message board poster...

Going on vacation and we are planning to use a baby sitting service for a few nights. Want to take Arlo Pro with us to monitor while we are out...

Will I need to take the whole system (both cameras and base)? Or will one camera tie in for vacation use (we have wifi at the rental) and the other camera and base stay home?

I'm assuming I'll need to take it all... do you expect any issues from this?
3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You'll need to take it the camera(s) and base station. The base station will need power and an ethernet connection to the internet. That's pretty much it. When you transport your camera(s), remove the battery packs so they don't discharge while in transit. When the camera doesn't have a base station connection, it spends quite a bit of energy hunting for it.

Router at the destination will need ports 80, 123, 443 open

Cordalton
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for or the answer. Can you please elaborate on the router ports? I'm not tech savvy
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Ports can be blocked on the router as a security measure. If the router is owned by you, it would seem very unlike that they would be blocked since they're all open by default - someone would have to have changed them for you. If the router is owned by the ISP you would need to contact them to reconfigure your router.

What issue makes you ask the question?

Edit: ok, rereading the thread makes me understand. The router and ISP you would be using may make all the difference. You'd have to ask the question at your vacation site as to whether it would be a problem.