Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sugested feature - revert of settings after [n] timeperiod.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
AikaneKai
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a few modes set for my cameras.  One is Rainy/Windy.  When it's raining or blowing hard, the cameras get triggered very frequently due to the rain/wind.   When I notice, I change my camera's setting to the less-sensitive rainy/windy setting.  Then later, I forget to change it back to its regular sensitivity.  I'd love to be able to choose a time period for a setting to revert to another setting.  i.e. I set it to rainy/windy and tell it to revert to the Armed (or any other setting), after 60 minutes. 

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
Their is a timeout mute notification feature in the arlo app that may assist with this.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062283/How-to-Mute-Arlo-Notifications

I have similar setup for windy days but use the schedule for normal days. It is a pain to remember to alter the mode for different times to keep aligned with the normal schedule.
Same with mowing the lawns, I get hundreds of recordings of me up and down draining the camera batteries etc. What you’re suggesting would help.
AikaneKai
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Dannybear 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am aware of that setting and have used it on occasion, but it's not what I'm looking for in this instance.  As you've noted, I'm looking to make an on-the-fly sensitivity setting change, which will auto-revert.  Your example of mowing the lawn is another good one. 

I've been trying to remember to set a timer on my mac or on my phone to remind me to check the settings in n minutes, but I usually forget to.  It'd be nice to have it automated.