Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Subscription Plans - monthly pay or all at once?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
abgalassi
Guide
Guide

Are the subscriptions taken monthly or do you pay year at a time?

I was just given a 6th camera, added it and it says it won't be activated until I upgrade plans. (I completely misunderstood and thought I could have up to 10 but if I wanted to stream that many at a time I would have to upgrade)

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can pay either way with a bit of a savings by paying yeaarly (I think).

The free plan only supports 5 cameras at once. The options are:

1) Use a paid subscription to use all cameras at once.

2) Buy a second base and set it up on a second account/email address. Remove some appropriate cameras from the first account and add them to the second account. Use Settings, Grant Access from the second account to the first so all devices show up with one login.

3) When appropriate, deactivate one camera and activate the unused one in Settings, Manage Camera Status. Clumsy and still only 5 cameras at once but possible.

Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary
Not really related but, it made me want to share this experience....3 days after I activated my 5 camera system (about 2 weeks ago), I got promo splashed from the app asking if I wanted to update to premium for 4.99 a month. I got that splash promo twice within a couple of hours and it was not a convenient time for me to make the decision and add CC info to upgrade, plus I wanted time to discuss with the wife. I have not yet got the promo again and its not in my email. I plan on adding more cameras in a the next month or so and wish I would have taken the promo when I had the chance.