Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Stuck at Connecting

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ThreeDogDay
Follower
Follower
Anyone started experiencing issues with the cameras not recording, and the live view stuck at “connecting”?

Everything was fine yesterday. Today, the cameras won’t respond at all. We’ve tried disconnecting them, deleting and downloading the apps again, etc.

Super frustrated right now. We live in a sketchy area, and would really like our sense of security back.
7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Have same problem here, with the Pro cams, but (strangely) not with Pro3.

Are Pro cams connecting to different servers (slower) and why does it take forever getting a live view?

Pro3’s have pretty quick response for live view and they do have the free three month Smart plan. Arlo Pro’s not so lucky with their free seven days storage without a subscription plan?

Just being the devil’s advocate here........😈

Wombat64
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having same problem. If persistent, like 5 minutes, some will connect. Not on any plan. Wonder same as other responder....

Finally, while posting this 4 of 5 connected. Never had this happen before. Usually connect very quickly. 

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Mine just came back too, live view was pretty quick!

Arlo Pro servers turned back on? This free seven days storage and no subscription plan is not making any money for Arlo.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To the best of my knowledge, there's no such thing as separate servers for different cameras. They all go to arlo.com which is hosted by Cloudflare these days, I believe. There is very likely a DNS roundrobin of some sort going on for load leveling so a specific server isn't always in use.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@jguerdat 

Just a little irony......

😊

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Kidding aside........after all this time, problem is still there, actually worse now.

I have not been able to perform a live view on my Pro cams for three days, occasionally it’s back but for the most part it just keeps trying to connect forever.

All this while the Pro3’s always connect for live view almost instantly.

What is going on Arlo? Again, I hope I’m wrong but this is looking very suspicious.