Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Spare Battery for Arlo Pro Camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Rick5472
Tutor
Tutor

Why does a camera power adapter come with a spare battery? Wouldn't it be nice if NetGear sold a spare battery only for the Arlo Pro camera? Why would users need another camera power adapter? Don't they come with the cameras already? If using the dual charging unit I see no need for an additional camera charging cable when buying any spare battery. I would recommend that NetGear sell only a spare camera battery and not include the camera charging cable to reduce costs of the spare batteries. User would rather charge the batteries outside of the cameras and swap them out as the batteries drain with recharged batteries. I hope they start selling the batteries only soon. They could also sell an external battery charger for a single battery as well. I understand that the dual charger will charge a single battery but once again cost. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rick5472,

At this time there is no kit that includes only a battery, only the battery and charging cable bundle is available. For more information on accessories for Arlo, see here: Arlo Products

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rick5472,

At this time there is no kit that includes only a battery, only the battery and charging cable bundle is available. For more information on accessories for Arlo, see here: Arlo Products

JamesC

Robbiel
Aspirant
Aspirant
So when you buy the pro, do you get the rechargeable batteries and a unit to charge them? Or just the batteries and you still need to buy a charger?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If you buy a Pro system or camera you'll get the batteries​and one charger.