Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Sakima13
Tutor
Tutor

I have three Arlo Pro wireless cameras.  And have had them for a while now.  I've decided that getting up and down the ladder to charge these will not be feasible in the winter, so I purchased a solar panel.  First I purchased an offbrand.  It kept taking the camera offline, so I returned it.  I tried switching cameras around, switching batteries around, switching locations, resyncing, rebooting.  All of this.  So I got tired of this and bought an Arlo Solar Panel.   Plugged it in, same thing.  It's offline again.  What am I doing wrong?  It shows the camera is charging.  I'm getting tired of messing with these things.  I spend wayyyyy too much time on this.  Seems like this should be a no brainer, but obviously there is an issue.  Anyone have a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Try charging your cameras to 100% then put back up and plug the solar panel in as it might be taking the camera offline till a certain charge % is reached.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Offline can be a variety of things such as dead batteries, 2.4GHz interference, weak signal, or just a display issue.  It looks like you've tried everything I'd suggest.  It may be that the non-Arlo panel did something to the camera - or not. About all you can do now is open a case with support to see what they may ultimately do.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Try charging your cameras to 100% then put back up and plug the solar panel in as it might be taking the camera offline till a certain charge % is reached.

Sakima13
Tutor
Tutor

Silverado44 you are correct.  Brought the camera in and charged it to 100% before hooking it up to the solar panel.  After that it worked.  Thank you so much for the solution!